Dental Crowns River Mountain NV
A dental crown is a metal or porcelain cap/ fixed prosthetic restorations created to restore a damaged tooth to the original shape and size. Crowns can be fitted tightly at the base of the gums, protecting the remains of the natural tooth.
Dental crowns are an ideal option to get a natural-looking and comfortable solution to teeth that are cracked, broken, or excessively decayed. Sunrise Mountain Dental & Orthodontics offers Dental Crowns River Mountain NV as part of your treatment option. Call 702-789-7546 today to book an appointment.
Uses of a Dental Crown:
- Replace a large filling
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had a root canal treatment
For pediatric dental care, a crown may be used on primary (baby) teeth in order to:
- Save a tooth that has been so damaged by decay that it can’t support a filling.
- Protect the teeth of a child at high risk for tooth decay, especially when a child has difficulty keeping up with daily oral hygiene.
- Decrease the frequency of general anesthesia for children unable because of age, behavior, or medical history to fully cooperate with the requirements of proper dental care.
How is a Dental Crown Placed?
It will usually take 2 dental visits to complete the treatment as several steps are involved:
- Your dentist prepares the tooth by removing its outer portion to ensure the crown will fit. At this time, any decay is removed and if the additional tooth structure is needed to support the crown, your dentist may build up the core of the tooth.
- An impression is made to provide an exact model for the crown. The impression can be made from a mold or by digitally scanning the tooth.
- You may get a temporary crown while you wait for the permanent crown to be ready. This usually takes less than 2 weeks. While you have a temporary crown, the tooth may be sensitive to hot and cold. Avoid chewing gum and eating sticky foods during this time.
- When the new crown is ready, your dentist places it in your mouth and makes the necessary adjustments. When you and your dentist are happy with how it looks and feels, the crown is cemented into place.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns restore the shape, strength, functionality, and appearance of a damaged tooth. They protect the vulnerable part of the tooth by holding it together and shielding it from damage. Dental crowns also aid in restoring and maintaining the structural integrity of your mouth and bite. Experiencing any tooth pain or discomfort? Call 702-789-7546 now or schedule an online appointment and get out of pain with the help of Dental Crowns River Mountain NV.