Root Canals – Available in Lake Las Vegas NV
Root Canals Lake Las Vegas NV
A Root Canal is a treatment that effectively cleans the innermost part of a tooth’s root. This can provide relief from pain and help save your tooth. Whenever there is inflammation or infection in the tooth roots, the best treatment plan is a root canal. This is done by your dentist where they carefully remove the soft center of the tooth, i.e., the pulp and cleans, disinfects and shapes the root canals, and places a filling to seal the space.
Common Symptoms of a Tooth Infection
- Throbbing pain in the tooth, jawbone or neck
- Swelling in the cheek
- Sensitivity to hot or cold food/drinks
- Swollen face or lymph nodes in the neck
- Persisting bad breath and fever
How is a Root Canal Performed?
A root canal is essentially a four-step process and treatment is usually performed over two office visits.
- Using a needle, your dentist administers local anesthesia to numb the tooth. It’s common to feel a bit of a pinch in the area when the needle goes in. After the tooth is numb, your dentist might place a dental dam, a small sheet of rubber that isolates the tooth to keep it clean and dry during the procedure.
- Your dentist will then use very small tools, such as a small drill, to access the inside of the tooth by creating an opening in the top portion of the tooth. Next, the dentist will use small files to clear away the damaged and diseased pulp from the inside of the tooth. They will also use the files to shape the inner chamber of the tooth and root and might irrigate the chamber with water to wash away any remaining pulp. Your dentist might also put an antimicrobial solution in the chamber to kill any remaining bacteria and reduce the risk for further infection.
- Once the chamber is thoroughly cleaned and dried, your dentist will fill it. A rubber-like material called gutta-percha is often used and your dentist will close the opening in your tooth with a temporary filling, while you wait for the permanent crown.
- After a few weeks, your dentist will finish the treatment by placing a permanent crown or a similar type of restoration on the top of the tooth. Depending on the condition of your natural tooth, the dentist may need to place a small supporting post inside of the root chamber, to make the crown or restoration more stable.
After your procedure, it is very important to take good care of your teeth and gums. You might need to schedule additional follow-ups to ensure all signs of infection are gone. It is also important to keep a good oral care routine at home. Make sure to brush twice a day, floss, and use mouthwash alongside:
- Get regular dental check-ups
- Do not bite or chew from the affected area
- Take prescribed medication (if applicable)
Not too sure where to get started and have dental needs? Call 702-789-7546 now or schedule an online appointment and get out of pain with the treatment of Root Canals Lake Las Vegas NV.